Fiat 126 with Yamaha R1 bike engine!

Sortuj wg daty:
rosnąco malejąco
Hi! I hope it is ok to write in english here! My polish isnt any good!

On command of my polish friend i am posting my car on this forum!

I am from sweden and i am 26 years old.

I have a Fiat 126p -99 witch i have planted a Yamaha R1 bike engine in, 150hp at 12.000RPM! Sounds great at full throttle!

The rear suspension and hubs comes from passat -95 and the diffrential comes from audi V8 -94. The hole rear end is homemade from the beginning. It is a racing rollcage, 6 points.

It is still stuff to do before i can take the first testrun but i am working as fast as i can!

If someone is nice, maybe they can translate to polish?

Here is some pictures of the maluch!

so far a Masterpiece !

i think "elegant" "el" or "elx" is bad idea, for every of ideas and projects... Body can be in good condition, but... whatever, u will see what i mind DAMN RUST everywhere But Your project are HILARIOUS FUCKI'N AWESOME !

OMG that's amazing!Fantastic idea

that's why we are far away behind the rest of the europe...congratulations, it would be a nice car when finished

i coś po polsku: CZY JEST NA SALI ŻURAW????

Nicely that you took advantage of my inviting

3zer po co ci żuraw?

jakbyś posiedział na forum trochę dłużej wiedziałbyś o co chodzi...

one more thing...i've been looking for this photos little bit longer, and i have one question: wouldn't it be to heavy in the rear? you've put so much steel in this construction that the weight balance would be shitty. wasn't there any possibility to make this frame more clear and lightweight? because i don;t think it is cro-mo steel that you've used

and one more - i know that you don't have in sweden spare parts to 126p but what the fuck is this:

??

Swedish style - how to weld unweldable pipe? Cut the roof...but...maybe it would look better done with TIG?

so...first impression - nice
second impression - couldn't it be done better?

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: 3zeR_MDS dnia 2009-12-29 21:03:22 ]

Cytat:
2009-12-29 20:35:19, 3zeR_MDS pisze:
jakbyś posiedział na forum trochę dłużej wiedziałbyś o co chodzi... one more thing...i've been looking for this photos little bit longer, and i have one question: wouldn't it be to heavy in the rear? you've put so much steel in this construction that the weight balance would be shitty. wasn't there any possibility to make this frame more clear and lightweight? because i don;t think it is cro-mo steel that you've used and one more - i know that you don't have in sweden spare parts to 126p but what the fuck is this: ?? Swedish style - how to weld unweldable pipe? Cut the roof...but...maybe it would look better done with TIG? so...first impression - nice :: second impression - couldn't it be done better? [ wiadomość edytowana przez: 3zeR_MDS dnia 2009-12-29 21:03:22 ]

Hi! What is wrong with replacing of rusty metal? No we dont have any spare parts for fiat 126 in sweden at all.. i dont see what the problem is with my repair.. it isnt rusty anymore so what is wrong with it?

TIG welding would be nice, but i dont have a TIG welder and i didnt understand why a MIG weld isnt enough? I think it will hold together just fine... And as far as i know many, many rollcage builders does what i did at the roof, if it is not possible to weld the whole way around, of course i make a hole in the roof... if you have a better idea please let me know!

Give constructive criticism instead of complaining about things that are working fine as they are!

As the original thread says, i am not a professional, i am just a amatuer with to much spare time!

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: Fiat126R1 dnia 2009-12-29 21:45:54 ]

Cytat:
2009-12-29 19:47:59, Bart128 pisze:
so far a Masterpiece !

Haha thanks for that!

Cytat:
2009-12-29 20:06:13, Final pisze:
i think "elegant" "el" or "elx" is bad idea, for every of ideas and projects... Body can be in good condition, but... whatever, u will see what i mind DAMN RUST everywhere But Your project are HILARIOUS FUCKI'N AWESOME !

This car is a 1999 and had only run 5500km but it was a lot o rust under the car... Not good rustprotection! Thanks for that nice words"

Cytat:
2009-12-29 20:28:48, Milten pisze:
Nicely that you took advantage of my inviting

Of course! This seems to be a nice forum!

Cytat:
2009-12-29 20:30:28, Nowy666 pisze:
3zer po co ci żuraw?

I didnt understand that one!

i know you are amateur, but you are making quite big project, and things like cutting holes in the side skirts and cutting the roof to put not very nice welds on top of the cage doesn't look fine.
many cage-makers deals with the problem of welding upper parts without cutting the holes in the roof - you could weld it before you have mount it in the car, or just find anyone with TIG to do it on the car
and still you haven't answered my first question
and if you want remove rusty element remove all of it, because the way you did it is usually made in low budget preparations, and i don't think that you have a low budget making something like this...

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: 3zeR_MDS dnia 2009-12-29 21:56:14 ]

I can guarantee you that all rusty metal was removed before the repair was made so i wouldnt call it a budget repair, it is as good as new, i can take a picture when it is done, and you can comment from that! But i dont see how that small repairment is so interesting, it is not one of my major problems!

I couldnt make a complete rollcage and weld it outside of the car and then put i back in, not enough room. If it had been possible i would have done that(as i did in every place but not on just that single pipe) but if anyone cant tell that there been a hole in the roof when the car is done, whats the big deal? I am not a professional welder either, of course the welding could look nicer, but i am not buliding this car to just look at it! I have friends that works as welders and if they says that it will hold together, i trust them...

For example: If i wanted a professional to build the rollcage and TIG it together it would have costed me somewhere round 10.000-15.000zl.. almost as much as whole my project has cost! And i could MIG it together by my self strong enough for 1000zl so thats the way it went!

About the frame; It is my first framejob and i have build it from scratsh by my self and then corrected it by the words of professionals, it could been done better and nicer and more effective, but it will do the work as it is right now, and about the weight i think it is about 10-20kg + - if you compare with a standard car( i can easily lift the car in the back by my self with the engine and diffrential outside of the car) So it is not going to be heavy! It is not going to pass 600kg raceready either way so that will work i hope!

Regards Jon

Cytat:
2009-12-29 21:54:07, 3zeR_MDS pisze:
i know you are amateur, but you are making quite big project, and things like cutting holes in the side skirts and cutting the roof to put not very nice welds on top of the cage doesn't look fine. many cage-makers deals with the problem of welding upper parts without cutting the wholes in the roof - you could weld it before you have mount it in the car, or just find anyone with TIG to do it on the car. and still you haven't answered my first question and if you want remove rusty element remove all of it, because the way you did it is usually made in low budget preparations, and i don't think that you have a low budget making something like this...

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: Fiat126R1 dnia 2009-12-29 22:20:23 ]

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: Fiat126R1 dnia 2009-12-29 22:24:35 ]

Cytat:
2009-12-29 20:30:28, Nowy666 pisze:
3zer po co ci żuraw?

this message is for 3zeR_MDS

but still...you don't understand what i'm trying to say...i don't say that you haven't removed rust...i'm saying that when i've looked at this project at first i thought: "good lord, this is nice piece of shit, i like what and how this guy is doing", and then when i've seen other pictures smile from my face just went off...you know it's big, nice project, you are doing a lot of good stuff, you are using lathes, mills and all this shit, but you are reparing body as it would be a car for 100 Euros, not a project that cost few thousends...now you're getting what i mean? it doesn't fit - one thing to another. people look at the car and says - nice project, and then look on the repairing methods and thinks - what the hell is this guy doing?
and if you don't want such a comments just don't show such a photos, just finish the car and then show the last result. Then nobody will ask you if there was a hole in the roof or not, now I see shit so I comment shit, if I won't see it, I wouldn't say a word
and last thing - think what do you want this car for - for a kind of racin, or just to stay and look nice, because you will have a big problem with handling, if you dont think about the proper weight balance...

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: 3zeR_MDS dnia 2009-12-29 22:31:17 ]

3zer... hello, this guy is from Sweden. He can not go to any shop behind a corner and buy new body parts. For him it can be easier to do it how it is done. And that fine - please give it up. Focus on that what is important and interesting - the engine.
My Zastava was also repaired in that way. And as long as the work is done properly it will be ok.
Beside this car I belive is not a oldtimer - only small thing build for fun and racing. It doesn't have to outstandly perfect in restoration.

Fiat126 have you heard about man called Szwagierczak? He was racing in 126 with Honda engine.

...ja pierd... ale wszyscy sie po angielsku rozpisali

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: DominikWrc dnia 2009-12-29 22:37:27 ]

Dominik, please read whole topic, i know that he is from Sweden (shock!) and I know that he has no parts (shock!). But i think much better way in this case was to put one big steel shit with only one bending, then to cut little holes. As you wrote, this guy is from Sweden, not from Poland, and he is building nice race car not restoring old junk...do you feel the difference?

Cytat:
2009-12-29 22:29:27, 3zeR_MDS pisze:
but still...you don't understand what i'm trying to say...i don't say that you haven't removed rust...i'm saying that when i've looked at this project at first i thought: "good lord, this is nice piece of shit, i like what and how this guy is doing", and then when i've seen other pictures smile from my face just went off...you know it's big, nice project, you are doing a lot of good stuff, you are using lathes, mills and all this shit, but you are reparing body as it would be a car for 100 Euros, not a project that cost few thousends...now you're getting what i mean? it doesn't fit - one thing to another. people look at the car and says - nice project, and then look on the repairing methods and thinks - what the hell is this guy doing? and if you don't want such a comments just don't show such a photos, just finish the car and then show the last result. Then nobody will ask you if there was a hole in the roof or not, now I see shit so I comment shit, if I won't see it, I wouldn't say a word and last thing - think what do you want this car for - for a kind of racin, or just to stay and look nice, because you will have a big problem with handling, if you dont think about the proper weight balance... [ wiadomość edytowana przez: 3zeR_MDS dnia 2009-12-29 22:31:17 ]

I get what you mean but i cant understand what the big deal is about how i repair rust on the lower parts of the car.. If i was restoring a originalcar, of course i had made it more nice, but now it is a "race car".... By the way so are you the first one of 122.000 viewers, to have comments on thoose two things! So it cant be such a big deal for everyone! Thanks for your opinion anyway!

Regards Jon

Ale ten sposób naprawy progu w fiace 126p (tym bardziej w elx) jest do bani tym bardziej, że na pewno nie oczyścił rdzy z progu wew. i tylnego wzmocnienia bo nie miał dostępu w 100%
Jak już się buduje projekt który pochlania 20-30 tys zł to powinno się zrobi dobrze nie ważne czy auto jest klasykiem czy rajdówką
Po za tym chyba można zamówić progi z ebayu

Ogólnie fajny projekt ale niektóre rzeczy nie do końca przemyślane

[ wiadomość edytowana przez: sebcyc dnia 2009-12-29 22:55:23 ]

because I'm not the one who is getting exited when seeing bike engine in 126p...I'm getting exited when I'm seeing how it is done...
now as the only one from 122000 viewers who has criticised you I'll go to sleep :] take care and good luck sorry that i'm not excited as others

Podobno już pietnastaka mu wciął ten projekt- mówię w złociszach.
W maju planuje przyjechać do Polski po jakiegoś klasyka