[ENG] Information needed to start building 126p SWAP project

Sortuj wg daty:
rosnąco malejąco
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me and this thread will be useful for english-speaking audience who doesn't speak polish.

I see that swap is a common thing in Poland, but it will be pretty costy here and I don't want to risk with my good looking car for the swap trial, before i know for sure - it's legal and doable.

Would you please help me to collect the required information, so I could just sort it out and get the approval, before I destroy my nice car?

I'm interested in the following:

1. What is the swap scenario for ENGINE? I've heard it's 1.2 16V engine from Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting. Is it so? How many parts can I use from this car and basically, is there a list of the parts needed from donor car? I would gladly check it. I can buy a whole car from UK in case of many parts can be re-used for swap. So, do I need to select this engine or look for something else? What's the power of this engine? 80 BHP? Would it be enough to make 0-100 for less than 10 seconds? Are there any engine mounting parts available? Are there any drawings of it or I can just order one?

2. Gearbox. Punto has 6-speed manual gearbox, can it be re-used for swap somehow? Or what is the gearbox fitting the swap bestt? I'm interested in the ease of installation and safety. What are the problems here? Any adapters needed to connect the engine and the gearbox together? Is it possible to get the drawing of this adapter somehow or just to buy one? Where and for how much? (I need to provide drawings of all custom made parts to the technical inspection). Will there be any problems with the shafts and sealings? can original fiat 126 be re-used or some others?

3. Suspension. Will it be OK to leave original 126 springs and shocks or some others to be used?

4. interior parts like instrumental panel and other staff - I think it's possible to take the gauges from punto and just integrate it in the custom made panel, but how is it in practice?

What are the rest nuanses I have to know about? I'm just collecting the information at this point and want to summarize it for the review. I'll go for swap ONLY if the technical inspection approves the project. Please help.