The upgrade of rear drum brakes to discs.

Sortuj wg daty:
rosnąco malejąco
Hi all.
I`m checking out the possibility of changing the rear drum brakes to discs, so I want to get some useful information from people here.
What car calipers do you use, when you change the brakes?
I have already installed front disc brakes on my car, but the rear disc brakes are more complicated because of a handbrake. As I saw from TRS site, their upgrade can keep the handbrake, but it will be hydraulic. Do you have any ideas, how to keep the handbrake in it`s original condition? I have explored the rear disc calipers from alfa romeo 156 and barchetta, the handbrake is realised there with the cables. I want to make the same thing. Can you give me some advices in this question and the best solution of this upgrade? What is the approximately price for the rear calipers, brake pads and discs and of course - the metal plates that are needed for connection of calipers. What uniformity of the brake system do you have after changing the brakes? As I know, the front brakes have to be stronger than the rear.
Thanks in advance.

In this topic you have some photos and drawings: https://www.motonews.pl/forum/?op=fvt&t=126817&c=0&f=25&orderby=asc&hq=tarczowe&start=0
Generally it's no difference which calipers you will install (Fiat 125p, Cinquecento etc), but in this option, there is no possibility to to leave original handbrake. Is it really nessesary to change also rear brakes if you keep the original engine??

Thanks for the link. I just want to change the brakes to prevent high cost of the drum brakes service in the future and of course for estetical look.
Isn`t it possible to adapt the brake cable to brake calipers (which have handbrake support with cables)? I saw rear calipers of barchetta, and there is two possibilities to move the brake cilinder - 1 - with the brake fluid, 2 - with the brake cable. So, why is it impossible?

it is for sure possible to use handbrake operated by linkage. look for example for Audi A4 rear calipers. they have special mechanism, which is very similar to this ones used in the mountain bikes disc brakes and which are operated by a linkage.
another, more hardcore option is for example to use rear breaks from bmw e30 touring which has disc-drums and two separated brake systems for handbrake and foot brake. there is a drum inside the disc with normal shoes which is operated by linkage, too

I`m looking for a plug and play decision of this modification. I know, that some cars have drum brakes inside the rear discs, for example I had such kind of brakes on my old subaru.
Did anybody install the calipers from barchetta or alfa 156? They have the same calipers and the cable support. I just wanted to know, if I have to keep the old handbrake cable or to change it to something else. Also I wanted to know, in which version of ePER (electronic parts catalogue) I will find fiat 126p with the air cooled engine? My eper has only BIS version.
The question of changing the brakes is still opened. I don`t want to pay money just for trying. I want to be sure that I can make it.